Far infrared (FIR) therapy involves the use of far infrared rays to gently heal, soothe, stimulate and detox the body.
Far infrared rays are invisible waves of energy that can penetrate all layers of the human body, right into the inner-most regions of the tissues, muscles and bones, naturally generating heat by causing the subcutaneous proteins, collagens, fats, and water molecules to vibrate, elevating tissue temperatures and causing the blood vessels to dilate. Scientific studies show that this improvement in blood circulation delivers more oxygen to the tissues, which provides a range of therapeutic effects.
With the continuous research and development into functional yarns and fabrics, it is now possible to experience the benefit of FIR therapy through far infrared emitting clothing and apparel.
FIR therapy has been heralded as an exciting new treatment for a variety of conditions and has been shown to have a wide-range of health benefits.
Below we have listed the benefits and applications you will experience from wearing ABSOLUTE 360 far infrared clothing and body supports.
Experience the warmth and performance of a truly modern and innovative material.
- Improves thermo-regulation – the circulatory system is also the body’s heating and cooling regulator. By optimizing blood flow, FIR waves make it easier for the body to maintain its ideal temperature.
- Improves cell metabolism – FIR stimulate cell performance and regeneration, while the increased circulation nourishes the cells with higher levels of oxygen, further improving cell health. Enhanced cell metabolism means that injuries heal quicker and pain subsides faster.
- Increases blood circulation – A positive by-product of improved cell metabolism is increased blood circulation to the applicable muscle group with higher levels of oxygen and optimised muscle performance. Stamina and endurance are increased. Post-exercise recovery time is considerably reduced. The re-absorption of lactic acid is considerably quicker, reducing muscle soreness and muscle fatigue.
- Reduces muscle spasms – heat has long been used to treat muscle spasms, and FIR therapy offers the additional advantage that it can reduce inflammation and reduce pain.
- Increases extensibility of collagen tissues – applying FIR to tissues before stretching is particularly beneficial for ligaments, joint capsules, tendons and scar tissue. Not only does it reduce the risk of injury, but it also allows for greater extension than might otherwise be achieved.
Wellness and Well-being
- Improves blood circulation – studies have shown that FIR significantly improves blood vessels function by dilating the capillaries, lowers blood pressure, reduces the risk of plaque being deposited on the artery walls and wounds heal faster. Patients under treatment for advanced heart disease at the Mayo Clinic showed significant reductions in blood pressure and more regular heartbeats within a few days of starting FIR therapy. Also, research by NASA has shown that far infrared on the cardiovascular system was a great way of keeping astronauts hearts’ in optimal condition.
- Improves microcirculation – FIR boosts the flow of blood to tissue throughout the body, delivering vital nutrients while increasing oxygen levels.
- Improves the immune system – FIR enhances and increases the amount of white blood cells and killer T-cells, which in turn increases the body’s immune response and ability to eliminate foreign pathogens and metabolic wastes.
- Stimulates the hypothalamus – FIR improves the functioning of the hypothalamus and the pineal glands, which secrete hormones involved in biological processes governing sleep, mood, and blood pressure. This produces a calming effect on the body and mind, and helps lower the level of stress hormones.
- Improves well-being – people who wear clothing and apparel made from far infrared emitting fibre benefit from a better immune system, improved quality of life and heightened sense of well-being.
- More restful sleep – FIR have a profoundly relaxing effect on the body, helping to enhance sleep.
- Weight Management – Improved circulation, elimination of toxins and improvement in metabolism can contribute to weight loss as part of weight management programme.
- Reduces inflammation – FIR is a safe, natural and effective treatment for joint inflammation, joint stiffness, oedema and gout.
- Speeds recovery – FIR accelerates healing in new and chronic soft tissue injuries. FIR therapy improves blood flow and thus oxygen levels to injured tissues, which can speed up recovery.
- Improves collagen tissues – FIR increases the extensibility of collagen tissues, which improves the range of motion of scarred, thickened or contracted tissues, e.g. ligaments, joint capsules, tendons.
- Improves the lymphatic system – lymph circulation is enhanced, the result of which is improved lymphatic drainage aiding the removal of accumulated toxins.
- Reduces cellulite – FIR helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite. The improved lymphatic drainage helps to eliminate body fluids, reduce swelling, remove toxins and “melt away” fat under the skin. As mentioned above, FIR therapy also promotes the synthesis of collagen and makes the skin supple and smooth, reducing visible cellulite.
- Reduces pain – FIR therapy can lead to increased endorphin production which helps to provide an effective and natural pain relief, e.g. reduced muscle soreness, muscle spasms, neuralgia headache, menstrual cramps and pain, and relief from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Reduces swelling – FIR assists in the reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow which can benefit sufferers of many related conditions, e.g. rheumatoid arthritis
As a “Medical Device”
- Increases cell metabolism
- Increases microcirculation and blood flow to tiny capillaries
- Helps to reduces hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Helps to reduces the chances of blood clots
- Improves the elasticity of arterial walls
- Flushes toxins from the lymph areas
- Reduces the acidity in the body (a more alkaline body is healthier)
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces foot pain and swelling
- Helps the breakdown of uric acid crystals from gout
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces swelling
- Slows bacterial growth
- Reduces foot odour
- Slow and stops fungal infections
- Enhances healing of broken bones
- Increases the extensibility of collagen (fibrous protein constituent of bone, cartilage, tendon and other connective tissue)
- Relieves muscle spasm
- Reduces joints stiffness
- Reduces oedema in your feet and ankles (an accumulation of an excessive amount of watery fluid in cells, tissues or serous cavities)
- Reduces exudates (pus-like or clear fluid oozing from cuts or from areas of infection or inflammation)
- Helps to heal skin burns and reduces scarring
- Reduces inflammatory skin conditions, like psoriasis
- Helps with Raynaud’s phenomenon