B-Corp certification is a globally recognised standard of conducting business that measures an organisation’s entire social and environmental impact. As a certified B Corp, an organisation is counted being among businesses that are leading a global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy.
Certified B Corporations, or B-Corps, are companies verified by B Lab – a third party, non-profit organisation that conducts intensive investigations into all applicants and certified members to ensure they meet the high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
As a certified B Corp, organisations are required to:
- Consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders.
- Agree to be transparent on five impact areas: governance, workers, customers, communities, and the environment.
- Achieve a minimum verified score on the B Impact Assessment.
- Re-certify every three years. This requires them to satisfy the ever-changing standards and expectations of the certification each time.
- Complete a comprehensive questionnaire, including substantiating evidence, followed up with an interview and reviews by B Corp, each with stringent guidelines.
So why does this matter to you?
B Corps are a way for customers to instantly recognise that the organisations they buy from are working according to an entirely new way of doing business. B Corp Certification helps businesses act as a force for good and helps investors select organisations that align with their values. For those who live to get #OutThere, this certification means they can trust in a certified B Corp brand that is assured to meet high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
For more information on B Corp certification, you can check out the B Corp web site here: https://www.bcorporation.net/en-us/